Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Thankful

We, were told by a priest that when you pray, you should always start off by being thankful for all you have before you start praying for what you want or need. We have been doing this and it is amazing when you start thinking of all the things you are thankful for, just how many things there are. We both had a very bad year in 2007, she with cancer detected in December 2006 and me with surgery and a long stay in rehab from July 27th, 2007 until December 23rd, 2007. We are so thankful we are both doing so much better. We owe it all to God and all the people that prayed for us, even those we have never met, through our recovery process. My wife has been Cancer free for over a year now and although I am not completely healed up, I am stronger and feel better than I was when I went in for surgery. We are also so thankful for our children, their families and our grand children, all 13 of them. We are also thankful for us being able to live in our home and take care of most things we need done. For those things we are not able to take care of we are thankful for having friends and family that are willing to help out. For the bigger jobs we are thankful that we are able to hire those things done. We are thankful for being together for 25 years this August 13th and plan on at least another 25. We are thankful for each wonderful day, with or without rain, and if it does rain we are even more thankful. We are also thankful for being able to get around without too much help and do our shopping and driving where we need to go. We are very thankful for good friends and the fun times we have together with them. I am very thankful that I have a sister that I can talk to as often as I want, even though she lives far off. My wife is thankful for her 9 siblings and the fact they live close, for the most part, and she is able to keep in touch.

No comments: