Monday, July 28, 2008

Waiting

It seems as if we spend way to much time waiting, we wait on the phone to ring, on the rain to start/stop, for the mail to arrive, on the dog to do his duty and come back in, on a loved one to get home safely, in line at any store, for your doctor to to see you, for the dentist to come back after he has deadened your mouth and tongue, for the computer to work faster than a crawl, for a TV show to start and the last one I can think of for now is waiting for the time when you don't feel like you are going to bed too early. I am sure you can think of others, so add your own if you wish. I have heard that humans spend nearly half their lives waiting on something, don't know for sure but don't doubt it. Well, let me tell you, when you are retired you don't mind waiting so much, it gives you something to do, besides napping in the chair off and on all day. I even look forward to going to the doctors office so I can wait, or the store where I wait while my wife shops, anything to get out of the house. You are probably thinking, boy he needs a life, but I will tell you I have a great life. I am happy and happily married to a wonderful person. We live the simple life as I have commented on before, but this is the way it is. At this time I have run out of anything to say, so I guess I will go find something else to wait on. Have a great day/week.

No comments: