Friday, July 18, 2008

Morning Person

I love mornings, not to get up and get going in a hurry, but to just be up and take my time getting around. I worked for 22 years for Sears and had to be up and to work by 7:30 or 8 at the latest. Sometime, if I had to open the store it was even earlier. Then, I retired and didn't do anything but play golf and do odd, part time, jobs for a year. That was really great, at the time. Finally after a year off, I went back to work as a police dispatcher working mostly the 2:30 to 10:30 shift. That is when I discovered how much I enjoyed not having to rush around to go somewhere. Now that I am retired again, and for good this time, I really enjoy just doing what I want when I want. The only problem with retirement that I have discovered is that you get no days off or paid holidays. It seem as if we are always busy going here or there and doing this and that. So busy in fact that I don't have time to read my sisters blog daily, which she writes in almost every day and can't believe I don't read daily. I doubt I will be as good at keeping up with blogging as she is, but I will try.

Well, I was talking about mornings. I have a set certain routine in the mornings, first I get dressed, do some stretching exercises , then I leave my wife sleeping and go to our "office" where I check e-mail and take care of whatever bills need to be taken care of. I just love busy work and even look forward to balancing the checkbook once a month. If it rains overnight I empty the rain gauge that is right outside my window and record the rain on our computer calender. Last night we had 1.61 inches, which is more rain than we have had since June 11 when we had 1.5 inches. After the e-mail, banking and any other task in the office I go to the living room and change the date or our daily calender bird, one of those perpetual things, and then bring in the paper, fix something to eat and start my day. On some days, if it is real cool out, I will go get something for breakfast and sit in the park in my truck and eat and read the paper.

My day is officially started!!
Have a great day and bye for now.

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Being retired for me is not getting up and out.
Congrats on your blog, Looking forward to more. you're in there with the young set.