Saturday, July 19, 2008

A Little Bit of a Party or " MEN WIN"

Yesterday, Friday, we celebrated one of my longest and dearest friends birthday. Her name is Mary, but she is referred to as "Little Bit" due to her little size. I hope she doesn't mind but she turned 76 last Saturday. She is truly amazing, not only does she not look 76, more like 56, but she refuses to act 76 too. I met her husband Clint or "Tater" in 1966 when I worked for Boeing in Wichita, Kansas, but that is another story.

We always, unless someone is sick, get together with this couple and also Paul and Carol on all birthdays, anniversary's and for any other reason we can think of to play games. Actually, we met at Coyote Canyon in Salina to eat and then all gathered at Paul and Carols for games. First, we played Chicken Foot, a domino game played with double 15 domino's, which the women won, barely. You see, the men have a theory "let the women win at least sometime or they won't play with us any more". The next game was Canasta and the men won handily, it wasn't even close. Then we ate again and finally finished the day off with a game of Call Your Partner Pitch. We also won that with an even larger, bigger, astounding scoring difference. All though some of the games we play are individually scored, we always have to add the men vs women scores together to see which is the overall winner. Of course, it is usually the men. Hey it's my blog and I'll tell it like I want to.

A great time was had by all.

To everyone reading this, I hope you have a wonderful and safe day.

1 comment:

Barbara's blog said...

I knew you could do it! You are as clever as your mother, and that's saying a lot.
love you,
Sisty