Friday, January 30, 2009

To do or not to do, that is the question!!

Good morning everyone,
I got up this morning and got dressed thinking I would go get the oil changed in my truck before we went to lunch with a friend of ours, but after I had gotten my cloths on, all except my shoes and sock, I thought do I really want to get out and maybe have to rush around to get back to get wife before 11:30? The answer came to me, no not really. I figure I can do the oil change after lunch and it will give me something to do after lunch. Wow, a day with two things to do in the same day. So, I took the free time I have to read other blogs and write one, which I haven't done for sometime. Seems like I just never have anything to write about, every day. My sister can write things everyday, but that is the reason why I can't. What you say is he talking about, well you see Barbara has all this stuff running around in her brain, so she has no problem writing any time she wishes. As for me, my brain is full, mostly of worthless stuff, but full none the less. At least that is the only reason I can figure for the way I am. As the saying goes, that is my story and I am sticking to it!

Now for more serious stuff.

What in the world is going on with our government? Does President Obama really think that creating jobs to construct roads and rebuild schools is going to help anything? What it will help is the illegal aliens that are willing to do the manual labor to have jobs, but the Americans that have lost jobs in the computer, auto and retail industry will not go seeking out those jobs. Some maybe but not many. In the first place they don't know how and are not willing to work that hard, another by-product of too many high paying jobs. Plus, how long can we just print more money? Also, where are the checks and balances gone that were supposed to be put in place in the first money given to banks? What are they doing with it? I have heard stories about City Bank getting their first money and remodeling their executives offices, but oh yes they did decided not to buy the new airplane they had ordered. Well, pin a gold star on them. But, they did somehow find the money to go buy up another bank, go figure. In the Salina Journal yesterday is the best idea I have heard of in a long time. A citizen had the idea, that instead of sending billions to save the banks, just give every man, women and child a check for ten thousand dollars. That way families could buy what the need, pay bills that need to be paid and if anything is left over put it in the bank. Wait, did I just suggest that everyone would benefit from this idea? The only people left out of this idea are the politicians that won't get their kick backs. Where is the news media when we need need them to dig into the huge sums of our money and find out exactly why the Democrats are so willing to jump on the band wagon. Here is my opinion, GREED!!! So far, I am not happy with the way things are going under the new President. I said I would give him a chance, and I will, but I am still not happy with his willingness to just give my money away with no one having to be responsible for controlling where it is actually going. What is even more surprising, is the fact that several of my very Democrat friends are also not happy with the way the bail out is being handled. WHAT???? That's right, they aren't happy either. I didn't think I would ever be able to say that, but it is true.

Well, I have had my say and that is all I am going to say about what is in my mind and wanting to get out.

Have a good day and week!!!

No comments: