Tuesday, January 20, 2009

BUT, I'LL MISS RECESS

My 7 year old grandson, Logan, stated to his mom on the way to school this morning, 1-20-2009, that he was upset because he was going to miss recess this morning. When ask why, he said because we all have to the all purpose room and watch the inauguration of the President.

I tell this because there are too many people that feel the same way, I'll miss my soap opera or I'll miss whatever it is that I don't want to miss. This one time people, and I include children, should take pause to consider that this is a great time in history. Everyone ought to put our petty feeling aside and be apart of this history. Weather you like or dislike the new President, he is still your President and will be for at least four years.

How good or what kind of President he will be remains to be seen, but we all at the very least need to give him our support and pray that he do what needs to be done to keep America safe and back on track to economic recovery. Will it be told in the first hundred days as a lot of politicians and media consider as the measuring stick, I doubt it. In fact it may not be the first four years, it all depends on what America is at that time in history.

Obviously the stock market did not respond to President Obama, but then they are probably afraid he will make them accountable. To which I say, sick um Pres.!!!!

No comments: