Saturday, January 17, 2009

More Ramblings

I was doing nothing as usual, I got up this morning with nothing to do and have only got about half of it done so far. In fact, my wife said, you haven't done anything for two days and I said I know it and it's because I am not done yet. A little humor to start the blog with and I know you might have heard this from me or from somewhere else but I have decided to adopt this attitude for my own.

I have been organizing my office for a year and I still find things to make it better, or at least I think it is better. some of it has been done several times. Now I am starting to put together a Hale/Odom family scrap book together. I have had pictures and other items for several years, but only now am I getting interested in putting it all together.

Speaking of heritage, I have found some pretty interesting facts out about both sides of the family. For instance my Grandfather Hale punched cattle with Will Rogers in Oklahoma before 1900. There are other things about the family, I will not bore you with the details.

This is my time of the year, not the weather time, but basketball and KY Jay hawk time. Then of course there is March Madness. Go KU!!!

Coming up Tuesday is a time in history to be remembered, when the first black president will take office. I for one hope he will do the right things and pull our country back on our feet. I don't know why one would want such a demanding job, especially one with small children, but that is his decision and no one else can make that call for him. Can you just imagine what it would be like to be of grade school age and living in the White House? Wow!!!! Of course I lived in a white house as a child but it wasn't the same.

Then, the football playoffs are coming up and I guess I will be for Arizona, only because they will be the under dog all the way, but first they have to get past the Steelers, no small task. There is so much going on on TV this time of year and of course there is American Idol. How do we cope?

Another thing, my delete key isn't working for some reason, what a bummer. Our key board is original, it came with the first computer we bought several years and two computers ago. Luckily we have a new one that can be hooked up easily when ever it is needed. Maybe some one can tell me what is wrong or maybe it will fix itself. As long as I am on this computer thing, I have never been able to push the print screen button and print the screen. I have tried to find somewhere that I can go and turn this action on, but can't find it. Does anyone know where it went?

In the last month we have had 4 friends pass on from this world and we have another two that are struggling to keep going. My daughter tells me it is because I am that age, she did not have to remind me.

It seems like the older we get the younger our minds seem and the weaker our bodies are, frankly I am tired of it all. What happened to my youth, where did it go so fast and why do your grandchildren make you so tired just watching them move around. Oh to be younger again!!!

Well once again you have waisted perfectly good time reading my nothing. Even so, I hope you enjoyed it a little anyway.

Have a wonderful New Year and stay warm, safe and faithful.

I love anyone that has read this garbage all the way through

Jim

P.S. Breaking news, my delete key just started working again.

No comments: