Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Offically Over!!!

Well, it finally happened, Christmas is officially over for the Hale family.

We gathered, and with 13 grandchildren it is a gathering, at the Holiday Inn Holidome here in Salina. We have started having Christmas there because our little house just is not big enough for 23 people at one time. A fun time was had playing games, visiting and kids swimming. The food was really good and the service was excellent. The only problem we encountered was with the reservation staff. They were mostly completely incompetent. They rented rooms that were already rented, not once but twice. It remains to be seen if all the charges come out right or not.

Our grand children range in age from the twins at 16 to the baby Truman, aka. tiny tornado, at almost 2. for the most part all the kids get along very well, of course there are those times as there are in every family where something has to go wrong and it usually does. But, nothing really bad happened, no missing children, bloody body parts or broken arms or legs. So, I guess one could say it was a successfully good time and it was.

Now the New years is here and what to do. As I get further into retirement I have found that I can get up in the morning with nothing to do and go bed with only half of it done, my favorite saying at this time.

It seems I can always find something to do each morning if only paying bills, reading e-mail, reading the Salina Urinal, oops Salina Journal, and occasionally writing in my blog. We, my sister and her daughter and I, have also started Face Book, but I don't understand what to do with it so I think I will just stick with my blog.

In the past month we have lost two friends and a brother of another friend, all with in about a two week time frame. We also have another friend that is in Hospice and not doing very well, so we keep praying for comfort for her and wait. So sad!!!

My Kansas City Chiefs had a dismal year so I am glad that is over. Now into the playoffs and watching the games I am interested in. I am rooting for anybody that beats the Patriots. I don't really care who wins, but I would like to see a new team take it all.

The best thing about this time of year for me and sports is that the Kansas Jayhawk basketball team is about to enter Big 12 play, Go KU!!!

Well I have about run out of blog, so I will Just say to all that read this:
Have a really great 2009 and we love you all.

No comments: