Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Weather Teller

Good morning everyone,

As I sit here doing nothing I looked around the room and noticed I have a weather ball, a glass ball filled with red water that has a tube running out the bottom of the ball and up to the top where another very much smaller ball is located. When the weather is changing for the worse, the red water rises up the tube to the small bubble on top. I think this is correct, the barometric pressure rising makes the water rise. This forecasts when the weather is changing, like now for instance, the red water is clear up to the top and in the small ball or bubble. Bad weather is coming.

On the wall across the room is another weather forecaster, a very old thing with a dial that goes from stormy to change to fair. Now it is on change, I don't know how old this item is but it was my fathers pride and joy when he was alive. He thought he could forecast weather with it and be ahead of what was coming. Anyway, it was one thing I really wanted of his after he passed.

Then, on the opposite wall is an in-door out-door thermometer, which of course lets me know what the temp is in or out, but it doesn't forecast any weather change, only weather or not a coat is in need for the day.

Then, of course, I have this computer thing on which I get daily and sometimes twice daily weather updates from KWCH TV in Wichita. Also on the computer, I have a link to the Intellacast Weather Radar site. With this I can also see the weather change as it happens. It will show tracking of fronts as they move in, which by the way one is moving in as I type this. So, the weather is supposed to be colder and wetter.

What started all this looking around the room was the fact that I was popping some Tylenol for the pain in my knees and I thought, why do you need all these things to tell you the weather is changing. My arthritis in my knees is a full 24 hours ahead of any of the mechanical devices I have to go by. Some people may say I am crazy, but ask any one with the same problem and we all agree, the weather change has a great affect on how we feel. My sister stated to me yesterday that even she when she was younger thought that old people that complained were just crazy. Well guess what, now that she is older and has the problem she to can predict the weather ahead of time. In fact, I bet all weather stations employ a whole room full of old people just to advise when bad weather is about to happen. Wow, maybe I should look into this. Maybe I have discovered a new way to make money. I wonder, can this be one of those stay-at-home jobs I always get e-mails about that I just delete. Maybe I better start looking into them closer.

Have a good remaining week and pray for our country and our new leaders.

1 comment:

Barbara's blog said...

One of your best posts yet.
If you find out the weather forecasting job is open in Salina, maybe I can look into it in Albuquerque.