Thursday, November 6, 2008

Can't we all just get along?

After watching Bill O'Rilley last night I have a renewed feeling about our country. We all have to come together and back the new President Elect instead of worrying about what might happen. So that's why I say, can't we all just get along. The test for him first is going to be the economy. He has to get a hold on the economy first or he losses credibility with those that elected him. Of course, he is going to have to deal with Russia it appears, as they are already testing him the day after election.

If John McCain can pledge to work with President Obama, so can I. Time will tell if this was a good choice or not, but I for one hope and pray it was. All I know is that this country can't go on the way it is now, it has to change and that is what was promised so let us wait and see if the change comes before we jump on the "OH NO" band wagon.

The feeling I got from the O'Rilley Factor last night is that the new president will govern form the middle of the road. If he does, he will probably have more trouble with the far far left from his own party than he will from the Republicans. America can't afford the far left or the far right, we need the stability of down the middle decision making because that is where the good for the country will come from.

My Democratic friends have trouble talking about the mess we are in without getting all rilled up. Maybe I am to much of a non-worrier, but I don't like to spend time getting upset abut things I can't control. So, can't we all just get along? I will if you will. I will and I will continue to pray for the mess the new president has to take over. I for one don't know why anyone would want to jump into all the trouble nationally and world wide that President Obama is taking over. I guess he must really want to change the country, for the better is all we can hope for.

One more thing while I am on this Soap Box, during the last four years especially, the major media, celebrities and even my own friends I spoke about have referred to President Bush as just Bush. Even if you don't care for what he has done, you show disrespect to the office and the country by not calling our president, President. I promise to all ways refer to President Obama as President Obama no matter how I am feeling about him. He will be my president, just as the White House is my house. So, let us all show respect to the office and to the person in that office, if we don't it just drives us farther apart as a country.

That's all I have to say about this, so have a good day and coming weekend and I love you all.
Jim

1 comment:

Barbara's blog said...

Great thoughts. I'm with you.