Thursday, October 9, 2008

A lot of Nothing

Being bored with nothing to do and waiting on a phone call, I will try writing a lot about nothing.

Is anyone else ready for the election to be over? I am, I am tired of hearing the same old things from all candidates over and over. How about lets just make it a law, no one can campaign except a month before the election. Eliminate the conventions too, what a wast of time and money. Well, just got the phone call so not waiting on that anymore. Anyway, back to politics---how can anyone know what to do? I heard a comment the other morning on the radio that sure makes sense, whoever you are for won the debate--period. So true, so true!!!! this same person was commenting about the undecided voters in the polls, she said if she gets called, she just tells them she hasn't decided to get them to quit calling although she has made up her mind.

Speaking of phone calls, we get at least one and sometimes two hone calls a week form City Card telling me this is my last chance to save on interest rates. I sure wish it was and they wouldn't call anymore. After all, what happened to the no call list I signed up for several years ago that was supposed to last forever, I thought.

Another example, I give to Special Olympics every year, well now this year I have caught them trying to get donations every 3 months. I may have to refuse them next year if this keeps up. Do these people think we are stupid and brain dead? Oops, never mind that question I think I just answered it.

Another thing I am wondering about, here in Salina before there was a water shortage, my lawn care people put on fertilizer 4 times a year that needed watering in at least a quarter inch. But, now that we have a water shortage they apply something that requires no watering. Question, why didn't we use this stuff all along?

Another question, why is gas always cheaper after I fill up and higher when I am on empty? I don't know, but maybe I am the controlling interest in the gas prices. If so, you can all thank me for the current decline in gas prices and I will probably need another fill up in a couple of weeks, so be ready and beat the increase.

Also, why does it always rain the day after I get my truck washed? See question above....

Well, like I said a lot about nothing and-- it is. I guess I will go do some more watching TV and dozing off from time to time. Seems like we get more of that done than anything else we do. What a life!!!!

1 comment:

DeAnn's Insights said...

Boy, have you become philsophical.

phil·o·soph·i·cal

1. relating to study of philosophy: concerned with the study of the nature of life and reality, or of related areas such as ethics, logic, or metaphysics


2. concerned with deep questions of life: concerned with or given to thinking about the larger issues and deeper meanings in life and events

Yep, that describes you in your last 3-4 posts. Retirement has sharpened your mind--wandering at least! Now your spelling hasn't improved, but that's what makes us love you so much. Keep thinking---it'll keep your mind sharp.