Saturday, August 9, 2008

Trying to Blog

I haven't been able to create anything for the last couple of weeks, I think my brain is on vacation. So, I will start putting down stuff and see what comes out. We are getting much needed rain this morning and the temperature is a cool 68. Our 25th wedding anniversary is coming up on the 13th, it doesn't seem like that long at all. In fact at times it seems I have not known anyone else all my life, and at other times it feels like it was only yesterday when I first kissed my future wife for the first time. For me it was almost love at first sight, actually we had know and worked together for sometime. I had ask her out two previous times and she had declined as not being ready to date. Finally one day at work one of her co-workers let me know she was ready. I went straight to her office and put my arm around her and told her I needed to talk to her. She wanted to know if it was business or personal. Of course it was personal and she agreed to go to a movie with me. After the movie we went in her hose to talk and finally it was time to leave. Oh yes, I left out the part about her getting cold at the movie and let me put my arm around her to get her warm. Anyway, as I left I kind of grabbed her and pulled her real close and gave her a kiss right on the lips. It was at this exact time I knew she was going to be my wife. For her it took a little longer, but she finally came around and we were married 2 years and 3 months later. We have now, as I stated been married for 25 years and counting the 2 and a half dating years, been together over 27 years. I have told many people, and most can't believe it, that in all that time we have never had any kind of a fight over anything. Oh, we have had our disagreements over things such as what color was our old couch and other important things like that. Through it all, she has stood by my side and taken care of me for all these 25 years and for that I thank God He sent her to me. When I married her I also got a huge extended family, she is one of ten children. I feel so lucky, as the only sibling I have is a sister. What is even more amazing is that all her brothers and sisters are so much alike, all very quiet and hard working people. Well, I should say, when the 5 sisters get together it is not quiet. But, they have fun and that is what is important. So, I guess I filled this blog with ramblings and should get off here so I don't use all my brain power up at one time. You know when you reach the age of maturity you are on overload and just so much fits in and what doesn't forces other stuff you once knew or could remember to leave. So have a great day and week and God bless to all that read my blog.

1 comment:

DeAnn's Insights said...

What consitutes the "age of maturity"? Yes, you got a jewel when Estella walked into your life. She didn't do too bad either! DeAnn :0)