Friday, August 29, 2008

August Gone

Here it is almost the last of August and to say the weather here has been un-August like would be an understatement. We have had the coolest August on record I would imagine, or at least it seems so. The only thing I can figure is it must be global warming. The globe must be so busy making someplace else hotter, it didn't have enough left over for Salina. In fact last winter was so warm we had record snow and ice, again global warming. Anyway, back to August, it is almost past and school has started again. Seems the older I get the faster the years go by. When I was young and in school, the school year by itself was at least 12 months long and then summer vacation seemed like only two weeks it went so fast. I can remember the first year out of high school, I was working full time and when school was let out for the summer I felt like I had been over looked. It was at that time, and the first time, I wished I had stayed in school. There have been other times with the same wish, but alas I know if anything had been different, I would not be her today writing a blog. So, aren't all that read this lucky. Now that I am retired, I am happy but do get a little stir crazy on a daily basis. But, I would not have it any other way. Christmas will be in two weeks probably, or so it will seem. So all I have to say to all is have a very Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

1 comment:

DeAnn's Insights said...

Better get busy on the Christmas shopping. There is only a little over a week left!

DeAnn:0)