Monday, March 23, 2009

Some time has passed

since my last blog, so I think I will try to find something to write about. For us it has been non-stop nothing for several days. I find it difficult to get it all done, but I get at least half of it done daily. If it were not for the basketball tournaments the last few days I don't know what I would have done to keep me alert. We did go to Topeka for our grandsons 8th birthday, so that was enjoyable. It is just good to get out once in awhile and see how the rest of the country is doing. The wheat around Salina is not doing much so far this year, we need rain. Today all we are getting is wind and a lot of it. I bet the wind farms West of here are putting back at a high rate today.

As I mentioned, I have been watching a lot of March Madness this past weekend. My Kansas Jayhawks are in the Sweet 16, go KU!!!! But, I am sorry to report my K-State Wildcats got knocked out of the NIT in the second round. Well, I guess KU will have to carry the state flag the rest of the way. In my bracket, I picked KU to play Oklahoma for the title. What!!!!! You say, well the reasoning behind this is that in 1988, KU played Oklahoma for the championship and won. Even with that and all the times the Big 12 has done well in the tournaments since and the fact that KU won it all last year, the Big 12 still gets no credit for being a strong conference. So, you see, that is why I want KU to go all the way.

Well, that is about all I can think of to say at this time, everyone have a really great week and stay well.

No comments: